Michigan Beer Facts
- Michigan is ranked #5 for the most breweries, microbreweries, and brewpubs (80+) per state in the nation, thus being nicknamed “The Great Beer State.”
- Michigan’s thriving brewing industry contributes over $24 million in wages with a total economic contribution of more than $133 million.
- A joint resolution by the Michigan House and Senate officially designates July as Michigan Craft Beer Month.
- The Michigan Brewers Guild Government Affairs Committee was formed after a unanimous vote when representatives from thirty different Michigan brewing operations met in December 1997.
- The role of the Michigan Brewers Guild Government Affairs Committee (GAC) is to monitor and assure a healthy brewing industry within the state by developing and articulating to the industry a consensus from within their membership as it relates to regulatory, legislative and governmental affairs.
- The Guild hosts four yearly outdoor beer festivals. The Summer Beer Festival, established 1997, is held in the historic Depot Town neighborhood of Ypsilanti the fourth Saturday (and the Friday before) of July. The Winter Beer Festival, established 2006, is held Grand Rapids the fourth Saturday of February. The UP Fall Beer Festival is held in Marquette the Saturday after Labor Day. And the Detroit Fall Beer Festival is held at Eastern Market in Detroit the fourth Saturday of October.
Scroll To Top